Recreational Program Information
August 7, 2020
Recreational Program CANCELED for 2020 FALL Season
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 epidemic we only have a few player registrations. We are not be able to form teams.
ALL REGISTRATION FEES WILL BE REFUNDED BY AUGUST 30
The Anaheim Futbol Club Recreational Program is a fun filled soccer program for ALL players, Boys and Girls from 4-19 years of age. The Anaheim Futbol Club Recreational Program is primarily devoted to the enjoyment and development of youth soccer players. The purpose of recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, learn the sport, develop life skills and discover a love for the game. Prior soccer experience is not required and there is no tryout. We encourage players that are NEW to the game to come on out and have some fun.
Our Recreational Program is a volunteer coach based program with supplemental player and coach clinics run by our professional staff of coaches. If you interested in volunteering to be a coach/assistant coach or would just like to learn more about it, please reach out to our Recreational Director of Coaching Anthony Prata at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Recreational Program Administrative Director - Coming Soon.This is a great opportunity for parents to volunteer as coaches and to provide team support while spending time with your children and their friends. No prior soccer coaching experience is required. Head Coaches are offered a $50 registration refund after the completion of the season.
- No prior soccer playing experience is required.
- We foster a positive experience for boys and girls interested in meeting new friends, learning about the game of soccer and having fun!
- Players who were born between 2005 and 2016 may register.
- Division formats will play as follows:
- Birth years 2014-2016: 4v4 with no goalkeepers
- Birth years 2011-2013: 7v7 with 6 field players and goalkeeper
- Birth years 2009-2010: 9v9 with 8 field players and goalkeeper
- Birth years 2006-2008: 11v11 with 10 field players and goalkeeper
- Equipment needed (all items can be purchased at any sporting goods store):
- Shin Guards
- Soccer Cleats
- Soccer Ball (size 3 = 2013-2016, size 4 = 2009-2012; size 5 = 2006-2008)
CAL SOUTH INTERCITY LEAGUE PLAY INFORMATION
Some of the teams in our recreational program in the 16U, 14U, 12U and U10 age brackets might participate in Intercity league play in which either a) the Club does not have their own internal game circuit or b) does not have enough teams to foster quality competition. Intercity promotes skilled soccer, good sportsmanship, fair play and a safe environment.
The playing circuit is set in a smaller geographic area in an effort to limit team travel distance. The Intercity League Circuit will encompass a 20 – 30-mile radius within an area. Circuit mileage restraints may be expanded as deemed appropriate.
League play will begin on the weekend following Labor Day and end prior to Thanksgiving for 16U. All other divisions may end by the first weekend of December. The Circuit will use best efforts to provide a 10-week game schedule. The schedule will depend on total number of teams entered in each age bracket (boys and girls). The primary day for play is Saturday. Friday night and Sunday games will be scheduled as needed for make-up games or rescheduled games.
Playing Circuit Team Entry fee will be $200.00 per team for the fall playing season. This fee will handle administration costs, web costs, playing tee, and awards for the post-season tournament. This is a nonrefundable fee payable to Cal South.
INTERCITY REFEREES FEES – it is the responsibility of each team to pay the referee fees not the Club/League
Both team’s home & visitor will split fees and are responsible for 100% of the Referee fee paid in cash prior to kick off. Each team is responsible for half (50%).
Registration will be open from July 1st to July 31st. Late registration* will be open August 1st – August 10th, with an additional cost of $35.00 per player. Players registering late will be placed on a team if spots are available. Players that we are unable to place on a team will be refunded 100%.
- 08/03- Families will be notified of placement on team by coach
- 08/10- Teams are eligible to begin practice (1-2 practices per week M/W or Tu/Th)
- 08/31- Game schedules released
- 09/12- First League Games
- 10/31- Final League Games
- 11/07- Playoffs – PENDING
- 11/14- All-Stars (U8- U12) - PENDING
- 12/05- Commissioner's Cup (U10- U14) one team only; 1st place league
MODIFICATIONS TO THE FALL 2020 SEASON
In an effort to create a more distance friendly environment and to reduce the financial impact of playing, we have made modifications to the Fall Season.
- Regular season might be altered to 8 games (from a 10 game season)
- No picture day
- $145 for players born 2013-2016 *(+$35 Late)
- $175 for players born 2005-2012 *(+$35 Late)
- All players are responsible for participating in our fundraiser or a $40 fundraiser buyout. You may elect the buyout on your registration or through your team parent until August 28th. Fundraiser item can vary each season and is subject to change.
- Refund requests emailed before July 31st will be given a 50% refund. No refunds after July 31st.