Club Vision/Club Structure
The Anaheim Futbol Club believes in the value of sports and look to have our players become better people by learning about teamwork, commitment, overcoming obstacles and plain hard work through the game of soccer.
The Anaheim Futbol Club believes in helping each individual child reach their playing potential in an environment that is positive, supportive and develops the love of the game.CLUB PHILOSOPHY
Anaheim Futbol Club is dedicated to the development of our community's youth through competitive soccer and paid professional trainers.
We are committed to a program of structured and individual skills training and team game play, including health and conditioning for each player.
Our development method is to provide each player with the physical, intellectual, and emotional training necessary to meet the challenges of competitive soccer.
Our goal is to have each player experience, individually and as a team, the commitment and dedication necessary to achieve the player and teams' fullest potential through measured growth.
STYLE OF PLAY
Anaheim Futbol Club (Anaheim FC) is a multi-dimensional attacking minded Futbol Club. Anaheim FC is a club that wants to keep possession of the ball with a series of short passes, creating numbers up situations while also having the ability to attack with long passes if needed to take advantage of what the opponent offers to us. Defensively, all teams are a very high pressure minded group. When we lose possession, we will hunt in numbers to get the ball back immediately, while at the same time dictating a direction of play to the attacking team, ultimately locking them in and regaining possession.
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT PHILOSOPHY
We aim to develop our players’ leadership, integrity, and teamwork in all they do. Our goal is to have all of our players develop technical expertise, tactical awareness and respect for the game and their opponents as they progress over the years through our program. We want our players to graduate our program with self-confidence, the ability to problem-solve, have a strong sense of competition, and develop a lifelong love of the game.
In following the club’s mission statement:
To provide high level coaching to nurture and develop local talent through a technical and tactical training curriculum combined with game competition at the highest level.
To staff Anaheim FC with the best and most passionate soccer coaches in the southern California area.
Anaheim FC looks for staff members that will believe-in, support and share the club’s philosophy, vision, goals and embrace our culture.
Anaheim FC looks for our staff to possess these key qualities when working with our teams: Inspirational, Belief, Determined and Dedicated.
CLUB ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The President, Vice President(s), Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar(s), Directors of Coaching functions support the coaching and team administrative staff who, in turn, utilize their expertise to develop a high level program for our competitive youth athletes. Decisions will be made with a "quality over quantity" concept in mind. The link between the players, parents, coaches and the club will be the foundation of Anaheim Futbol Club.
- The President is the principal executive officer of the Club and shall in general supervise and control all of the business and affairs of the Club.
- Presides at all meetings of the members and of the Board.
- President shall serve as a liaison between the California State Soccer Association-South “Cal South”, US Club Soccer, Coast Soccer League “CSL” and the Club, establish committees and appoint committee chairpersons in order to administer and manage the programs of the Club.
- Sets strategic policy for the club.
- Formulates strategic partnerships, alliances and sponsorships.
- Responsible for the growth and development of the clubObtains field liability insurance from Cal South and/or US Club Soccer.
- Act as aide(s) to the president and shall, in their designated order, perform the duties of the president in the absence or disability of that officer to act.
- Oversees Director’s of Coaching and Coaches
- Coordinate and oversee all field operations, including permits
- Chair disciplinary Committee
- Keep an accurate record of the proceedings of all board of directors and executive board meeting
- Distribute copies of previous month’s board meeting minutes to all officers and board members
- Be prepared to refer to minutes of previous meetings
- Prepare a list of all unfinished business for use by the president
- Record all appropriately significant expenditures in the minutes
- Keep a current copy of the BYLAWS and AFC Rules & Regulations
- Perform such other duties, as may be delegated to the Secretary
- Keep permanent books of account and records as shall be sufficient to establish the items of gross income, receipts and disbursements of Anaheim FC
- Receive all dues from the member teams
- Pay all bills as authorized by the board of directors
- Keep an accurate record of receipts and disbursements
- Responsible for registering players, administrators, and coaches into Cal South
- Responsible for registering players, administrators, and coaches into US Club Soccer
- Maintain necessary registration records for each team and player within Anaheim FC
DIRECTOR OF COACHING (DOC) AND ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF COACHING (ADOC)
- Assists teams with player and coach recruitment
- Provides league and tournament recommendations for each team based on team history and prospects
- Meets with coaches on a monthly basis, critiques all members of the coaching staff on a regular basis, attends games and practices, as required, to ensure team progress
- DOC mentors ADOC and coaches
- Responsible for player and team development
- Player development will include:
- Technical (soccer skills)
- Tactical awareness (got game)
- Physical (endurance, speed, and strength)
- Psychological (character, discipline, leadership)
- Conducts team tryouts and player selection with assistance of the DOC
- Develops a team season plan as well as finalize team roster, schedule, and overall objectives (level of play)
- Manages all team administrative functions and ensure they are performed in a timely manner
- Represents team parents regarding coach and player issues
- Interfaces with club registrar
- Prepares team budget
- Manages team bank account
- Responsible for team expenditures
- Delegates various responsibilities to team parents
- Agrees to all terms and conditions of the Player Agreements, Code of Conduct and Rules & Regulations
ALL CLUB MEMBERS
- Act in the club's interest. Club members will work for the common good of the club and its teams
- Comply with the law. Club members shall comply with the laws of the leagues and tournaments for practice and play